Skip to content
What They Say
What Clients Say:
- James works hard on your problems and you’ll get your money’s worth. He’s the real deal. – Jeff J. (Chairman & CEO; media company)
- Thanks again for helping point me in the right direction so I could get here. This last year would have been very different without you. Lauren M.
- The ultimate measurement of James’ effectiveness: The turnaround (a retail chain of 185 stores in 5 countries) was effected in 18 months. – Joseph W. (CEO; retail clothing chain)
- Word on the street is that you’re thinking of using James McIntosh for some work at your organization. There is nobody I would recommend higher! – Peter K. (Director; advertising agency)
- I highly recommend having a coach. James McIntosh has been of immense help to me over my career. – Jessica P. (Chief Technology Officer; business technology)
- There is no doubt James is a major part of our success. – Fred M. (Founder & President; branding & advertising)
- Thank you for all of your helpful and constructive advice. I depend on it and you make my job easier. – Helen D. (VP Business Planning and Operations; non-profit)
- Based on constructive analysis, listening, and just a few probing questions, James hit our organization’s proverbial nail on the head. – Doug T. (Associate Director of Development; non-profit)
- James established himself as an outstanding mentor and a variety of executives and staff (including the writer) sught his council regularly. – Joe P. W. (CEO; investment holding company)
- I was unsure as to whether the organization was ready for my new vision, which entailed a radical new strategy, ownership and organizational structure. Your involvement showed me that my colleagues were ready and this gave me the confidence to proceed. – Ossie R. (Founder & Chairman; Information Technology company)
- James has the incredible quality of patience, which allows him to influence people over time without judging. However, if the person agreed to do or behave in a certain way then he demands that they do. This is where James can be demanding and emphasizes behavior, which creates an environment of no surprises. He established himself as an outstanding mentor and a variety of executives and staff (including the writer) sought his council regularly. – Joe P. (CEO; investment holding company)
- The complex challenges we faced, none could have been achieved without his steady guidance and advice. His intelligence, insight and experience have helped us to wrestle with multifaceted issues. – Elizabeth S. Ph.D. (Executive Director; non-profit)
- The interview with James was a pivotal point in my decision and in my own thought process. He was the only one who asked real questions. I was rather taken back by them. It did give me pause! But it definitely played a big role in my decision, because it made me think in a different way about what was important. I felt I was being interviewed as well. That also made a difference. – Judy S. / Executive Director; non-profit
What Readers Say:
- I want you to know how much I enjoy reading your posts. My blood pressure decreases the moment they hit my Inbox, because I remember to breathe — and not buy into the Nonsense. And that is even before I open the link! – Kelly J.
- Great information and advice, nonsense and common sense!, in the same place at the same time! – John H.
- Brilliant, thought-provoking arguments. Your best newsletter thus far! – Pieter H.
- I just wanted you to know that I listened to your CD compilation on my way home to Raleigh from Richmond a short while ago and found your nonsense bits to be very funny….and very thought-provoking and useful from a coaching point of view. – Terry C. (Executive Coach and Consultant)
- Thank you for your ideas and writing which helps open peoples minds to a broader and clearer thought process. – Clyde F.
- Keep it up! You have GREAT stuff. – Steve L.
- Nothing like some James McIntosh wisdom on work perspective to start the new year right. Kristin R.
- This post is so full of sense…and it is going to take me minimum of this whole week to read through all the links.They are all very helpful to me managing a small office of very creative people and a home with all ages and two dogs… ain’t my plate full :):) – Chitra V.
- James, I love this. Enjoyed your Nonsense Manifesto a lot as well. What seems so hopeless sometimes is magically entertaining, if only we’d learn to lighten up a little more. People look at me funny when I tell them how interesting it is how much people get wrapped around the nonsense axle, thinking they can cure it. What nonsense. Hah! Keep ’em coming. – Rick A
- I have been a regular listener to NPR and I have always looked forward to hearing your commentary in the mornings on my way to work. You repeatedly hit the nail on the head when it comes to the political and social dynamics of work. It is somewhat refreshing and scary to know that the nonsense at my place of employment has infected other establishments too and seems to be a universal issue. – Jeremiah B.
- I enjoy your work and find it inspirational. – Joe E.
- Your wry humor keeps my attention and I often identify with some of the situations you describe. – Mike M.
- What is scary about you is that you are highly insightful AND you actually listen to what others are saying! That is rare in the good old USA and I shall have to be more careful about what I say around you. – Tom S.
- You have brightened up my morning drive to work as I’ve been listening to my CD on the way in. It has made me laugh out loud and also given me some things to seriously think about. So, thank you very much. – Michelle H.
- I’ve listened to James for a few years. He is always introspective of what’s going on out there. Sometimes I laugh. Other times, he scares me. I do like being scared and laughing at the same time. Reminds me of Poltergeist, the movie. – Robert C.