From nonsense to sense in 60 seconds
Hence my promise: I will help you see the sense in nonsense so that you can make the nonsense at work work for you. (Read it again. I’ll wait.)
Once apon a time a lioness changed me. That’s right. She charged me and that changed me. Here she comes:
On the same day I had to run with elephants. That’s right (again). I had to first run with them so that I could run away from them. Here they are, running. (Me? I’m already gone.)
Yep, nonsense happens.
And nonsense is often difficult to spot. Especially when you are look ahead for lions and elephants and not watching where your feet are landing.
Do you think that dung beetle thinks he got hold of nonsense? Of course not.
And that’s a big lesson I learned in the African bush. What is nonsense to me might not be nonsense to you.
You see, nonsense is purely subjective: you are likely to see ‘nonsense’ when you disapprove of it. (For example, you might disapprove of the word ‘bullshit’, although others commonly use it to indicate nonsense.)
Nonsense just is, but sense must be uncovered, grasped and held tight. There is always some sense in nonsense. If you know how to look for it. (You do realise, don’t you, that you cannot say ‘nonsense’ without saying ‘sense’.)
Become a Subscriber
Don’t waste another nonsense moment. Sign up for my Nonsense At Work newsletter. Here’s what you’ll get:
- A regular dump of recent blog entries with additional commentary. This should save you time because you won’t have to keeping checking my website in case there is a new blog entry (as if you would) and it will ensure that you don’t miss out on any nonsense (as if you care).
- Long-form posts that are not part of the blog dump. These could be new articles, eBook chapter extracts, and so on.
- Request for participants in pilot versions of on-line courses now being developed.
- Requests for people willing to read my draft eBooks and pass critical judgement.
- Access links to subscriber-only material.
- Any other nonsense I can dream up.
If I get this process right, you should expect to receive 2-3 emails a month from me. Or 2-5 emails if I have been productive.
Please note: If your browser has anti-tracking enabled, the sign-up might not work. Either disable “do not track”, use a different browser or email me. Sorry about the nonsense.