From Nonsense to Sense in 60 seconds
That’s my promise to you
I have decades of presenting my ideas in short sound bytes or blog bites. And now my purpose with my promise is to help you see the sense in nonsense so that you can make the nonsense at work work for you. (Read it again. I’ll wait.)
James McIntosh – your Chief Nonsense Officer (CNO)
I was born in the middle of South African wine country, earned three degrees drinking red wine, was chased by a lioness, had to run with elephants, got bored, and moved to Richmond, USA seeking adventure.
That’s how I learned that nonsense just is, but sense must be uncovered, grasped and held tight. And that there is always some sense in nonsense. If you know how to look for it. (You do realise, don’t you, that you cannot say ‘nonsense’ without saying ‘sense’.)
I also learned, the hard way, that nonsense is difficult to spot.
Because what is nonsense to you might not be nonsense to someone else. It is purely subjective: you are likely to see ‘nonsense’ when you disapprove of it. (For example, you might disapprove of the word ‘bullshit’, although others commonly use it to indicate nonsense.)
Become a Subscriber
Don’t waste another nonsense moment. Sign up for my Nonsense At Work newsletter. Here’s what you’ll get:
- A bi-monthly dump of the blog entries for the recent month. This should save you having to visit my website in search of the latest nonsense while ensuring you don’t miss out on any nonsense.
- Long-form posts that are not part of the blog dump, but sent seperately. These could be new articles, eBook chapter extracts, and so on.
- Request for participants in pilot versions of on-line courses now being developed.
- Requests for people willing to read my draft eBooks and pass critical judgement.
- Access links to subscriber-only material.
If I get this process right, you should expect to receive 2-3 emails a month from me. Or 2-5 emails if I have been productive.
Please note: If your browser has anti-tracking enabled, the sign-up might not work. Either disable “do not track”, use a different browser or email me under. Sorry about the nonsense.